Plum Flower Springs 梅花泉 Volume 2 Board 01-10
The Plum Flower Springs Manual is another ancient classic that must be read by all enthusiast. It took the the Central Cannon vs. Screen Horse Defense Opening System one step further. Unlike earlier Plum Flower Manuals, where the games were lopsided in the favor of one color, the Plum Flower Springs Manual was quite even the moves. The Plum Flower Springs Manual is divided into three different volumes. Like the Secret in the Tangerine, there were discussions on the Central Cannon vs. Screen Horse Defense, the Same Direction Cannons, the Opposite Direction Cannons et cetera. There were also handicap games which made up of Volume 3.
The Webmaster has translated and added comments for an indepth study of the ancient manual and published it into a book.
DISCLAIMER: This webpage contains products with affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, xqinenglish.com will receive a small commission. You will not incur any extra cost when buying from an affiliate link.
This page would be introduce the first ten boards in Volume 2.
- Board 01 B05 Central cannon with ranked chariot 5th Pawn Central cannon with ranked chariot 5th Pawn Advancement vs Left single horse defense with left palace corner cannon and filed chariot variation
- Board 02 B10 Central cannon with central linked horses with 5th Pawn Advancement and double ranked chariot with left horse sacrifice vs Right single horse defense with palcorner cannon variation and armpit filed chariot
- Board 03 B10 Central cannon with 5th Pawn advancement, Mandarin Duck Horses and Double ranked chariots vs. Right Single Horse Defense with Filed Chariot and Left Palcorner Cannon variation
- Board 04 D04 Same direction cannons: Ranked Chariot with Left Riverbank Cannon variation win Filed Chariot with Right palcorner cannon and A6+5 variation
- Board 05 B05 Central cannon with Filed chariot and Centrally Linked Horses win Left Single Horse Defense with Filed Chariot variation
- Board 06 B10 Central cannon with 5th Pawn Advancement and Right Ranked Chariot vs Right Single Horse Defense
- Board 07 A40 Reds Screen Horse Opening win Central Cannon with Filed Chariot and Mandarin Duck Horses and central pawn advancement
- Board 08 A40 Horse Opening with Red Screen Horse Opening Variation and Ranked Chariot vs Central Cannon with Ranked Chariot and Mandarin Duck Horses with Central Pawn Advancement
- Board 09 A40 Red Screen Horse Opening with Riverbank Cannon, Filed Chariot and Horse to corner Black Chariot subvariatioh vs. Central Cannon with Riverbank Cannon and Left Single Horse Subvariation
- Board 10 D50 Opposite direction cannons: red filed chariot variation and attacks central pawn vs filed chariot variation