Plum Flower Springs 梅花泉 Volume 1 Board 11-15
The Plum Flower Springs Manual is another ancient classic that must be read by all enthusiast. It took the the Central Cannon vs. Screen Horse Defense Opening System one step further. Unlike earlier Plum Flower Manuals, where the games were lopsided in the favor of one color, the Plum Flower Springs Manual was quite even the moves. The Plum Flower Springs Manual is divided into three different volumes. Like the Secret in the Tangerine, there were discussions on the Central Cannon vs. Screen Horse Defense, the Same Direction Cannons, the Opposite Direction Cannons et cetera. There were also handicap games which made up of Volume 3.
The Webmaster has translated and added comments for an indepth study of the ancient manual and published it into a book.
DISCLAIMER: This webpage contains products with affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, xqinenglish.com will receive a small commission. You will not incur any extra cost when buying from an affiliate link.
This page would be introduce the last five boards in Volume 1.
- Board 11 B05 Central Cannon with Mandarin Duck Horses and Central Pawn Advancement with Filed Chariot Variation vs. Screen Horse Defense with Filed Chariot and Right Riverbank Cannon Variation and Left Horse Sacrifice with Right Elbow Horse Attack Variation.
- Board 12 D52 Central Cannon with Mandarin Duck Horses, Filed Chariot and 3rd Pawn advancement vs. Single Horse Defense with Centroid Cannon Variation
- Board 13 B00 Central Cannon with Double Ranked Chariot and Central Advancement vs. Left Tandem Cannons with Left Filed Chariot and Right Ranked Chariot with Right Horse Sacrifice Variation
- Board 14 C17 Central Cannon with Filed Chariot and Single Horse Formation and Central Pawn Advancement vs. Screen Horse Defense with Filed Chariot and 3rd Pawn Advancement with Horse Sacrifice Variation
- Board 15 C17 Central Cannon with Centrally Linked Horses, Filed chariot and Central Pawn Advancement Variation vs. Screen Horse Defense with Edge Horse and Filed Chariot Variation