In this section, the very basics of Xiangqi openings are discussed.
I repeat, I am no expert in Xiangqi, I just have a burning passion for it. The work that I have done represents the stuff that I wish I had when I started out learning the game. Mistakes will be made, so please tell me. If anyone is interested in helping, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
The ECCO system is used on this site for a more systematic study of this huge topic.
I will try to present each opening in as simple terms as possible and categorize them according to the ECCO system, even though I personally do not agree with some of the ways it is arranged. It is still the best system on Xiangqi openings that I know to date, and the ONLY decent one that is present. http://www.xqbase.com/ecco/ecco_intro.htm is the url for those interested, though it is completely in Chinese.
The WXF recommendations will be used first and foremost. However if there are no current translations, I will use my own.
Abbreviations will be used because typing is hard work...and some of the abbreviations may seem funny but you will get the hang of them quickly. I have added a short article for those interested.
http://www.51dz.com/0/n---13193--.htm is the url where I have found some of the openings. Please applaud the hard work of the men who did them!
ECCO (Encyclopedia of Chinese Chess Opening )
Click here (will open a new window)
Why learn opening theory? Why bother?
Violation of opening theory 01
Various sources that I have collected from the net.
Looking for a target to attack in the opening by 老道. Click here ...
A short series of 25 boards on opening theory (unknown author) : p01, p02 , p03 , p04 , p05
A series of short lectures based on Master Huang Shalong's work on various opening theory.
This is the personal study of Mr Chris Hankinson.
Movement of the advisor early in the opening : p01 02 03 04 05
Movement of the elephant early in the opening : p01 02 03 04 05
Movement of the cannon early in the opening: p 01 02 03 04
First Created: 5th March 2012
Last Updated: 11th Oct 2012
1. Georg Jeiter for helping me do a site map of my site on HIS website...LOL. I hope to be able to have my own but for now, his will suffice.
2. Mr Chris Hankinson who had shared with the world his private study of opening theory!
1. <<布局定式与战理>> by Master Zhang Qiang 张强 and Master Yan Wenqing 阎文清. Some of the videos that you see on this site by HK Jimmy are based on this book or other books in a series of books by the same authors. Perhaps one of the best series of books on openings in the past 2 decades
2. <<象棋布局精要>> by GM Liu Dianzhong 刘殿中 , Qi Jinan 齐津安
3. <<象棋现代布局丛书>> A huge series of opening books by various Masters and Grandmasters.
4. <<炮类布局大全>> ,<<相类布局大全>>, <<兵类布局大全>>, <<马类布局大全>> by 杨典 et al.
5. <<象棋布局精华>> by GM Wang Jialiang 王嘉良, Zhang Zhiqiang 张志强
6. <<仙人指路对卒底炮>> by Jin Qichang金启昌 , Yang Dian 杨典
7. Various internet sources.
8. <<象棋实战技法>> by 傅宝胜
9. <<象棋步局精要>> by 刘殿中 齐津安
This website and its content is copyright of xqinenglish.com 2011-2019. All rights reserved.