The study of Xiangqi openings is a huge topic whereby it is impossible for me alone to introduce all. If anyone is interested in helping, please email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . I will try to present each opening in as simple terms as possible and categorize them according to the ECCO system. Even though I personally do not agree with some of the ways it is arranged, it is still the best system on Xiangqi openings that I know to date, and the ONLY decent one that is present. http://www.xqbase.com/ecco/ecco_intro.htm is the url for those interested, though it is completely in Chinese.
The WXF recommendations will be used first and foremost. However if there are no current translations, I will use my own.
Abbreviations will be used because typing is hard work...and some of the abbreviations may seem funny but you will get the hang of them quickly. I have added a short article for those interested. Click here...
http://www.51dz.com/0/n---13193--.htm is the url where I have found some of the openings. Please applaud the hard work of the men who did them!
ECCO E0X-E5x Pawn Openings仙人指路&对兵局
Pawn openings are one of the 4 major orthodox openings in Xiangqi. It is a huge discipline in itself. The WXF calls it the Angel's Guide as a nice direct translation of its chinese name. However, I prefer to use the term Angel's Pawn to stress that it is a pawn opening. Besides, since I started, I have been using Angel's Pawn instead of Angel's Guide, so please bear with me. It is impossible for me to change all the stuff that I have done back to Angel's Guide now. Have fun!
Angel's Pawn 仙人指路
Angel's Pawn Opening Crazy Summary
Angel’s Pawn vs Thundering defence AG vs TD: 仙人指路 对 卒底炮
E12 Angel's Pawn with Left Central Cannon vs Thundering Defense with Opposite Direction Cannons variation
1. Red plays H2+3 while black charges the 3rd file pawn. Red then plays the side horse and black chooses the ranked chariot. p01 ...
2. Red plays H2+3 while black charges the 3rd file pawn. Black chooses H2+1. p02
E17 Angel's Pawn with Right Central Cannon Vs Thundering Defense with Same Direction Cannons Variation
1. Black chooses the H2+1 variation. p01
2. Black chooses the H8+7 variation. p02
E32 Angel's Pawn with Right Central Cannon vs Thundering Defense with Right Elephant variation.
1. Red H2+3 and black P3+1 variation. 01
Pawn vs Pawn opening: 对兵局
E44 Pawn with Right Proper Horse vs Pawn with Right Proper Horse. Red left ranked chariot.
1. Red left ranked chariot. 01
E45 Pawn with Right Proper Horse vs Pawn with Right Proper Horse. Red left ranked chariot.
ECCO：E45 對兵互進右馬局 .
2. Red uses the side cannon. 01
Angel’s guide vs Golden hooked cannon: 仙人指路 对 金钩炮
First Created: 5th March 2012
Last Updated: 12th Aug 2012
1. Gerog Jeiter for helping me do a site map of my site on HIS website...LOL. I hope to be able to have my own but for now, his will suffice.
1. <<布局定式与战理>> by Master Zhang Qiang 张强 and Master Yan Wenqing 阎文清Some of the videos that you see on this site by HK Jimmy are based on this book or other books in a series of books by the same authors. Perhaps one of the best series of books on openings in the past 2 decades
2. <<象棋布局精要>> by GM Liu Dianzhong 刘殿中 , Qi Jinan 齐津安3. <<象棋现代布局丛书>> A huge series of opening books by various Masters and Grandmasters.
4. <<炮类布局大全>> ,<<相类布局大全>>, <<兵类布局大全>>, <<马类布局大全>> by 杨典 et al.
5. <<象棋布局精华>> by GM Wang Jialiang 王嘉良, Zhang Zhiqiang 张志强
6. <<仙人指路对卒底炮>> by Jin Qichang金启昌 , Yang Dian 杨典
7. Various internet sources.
8. <<象棋实战技法>> by 傅宝胜
9. <<象棋步局精要>> by 刘殿中 齐津安
This website and its content is copyright of xqinenglish.com 2011-2019. All rights reserved.