The study of Xiangqi openings is a huge topic whereby it is impossible for me alone to introduce all. If anyone is interested in helping, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . I will try to present each opening in as simple terms as possible and categorize them according to the ECCO system. Even though I personally do not agree with some of the ways it is arranged, it is still the best system on Xiangqi openings that I know to date, and the ONLY decent one that is present. http://www.xqbase.com/ecco/ecco_intro.htm is the url for those interested, though it is completely in Chinese.
The WXF recommendations will be used first and foremost. However if there are no current translations, I will use my own.
Abbreviations will be used because typing is hard work...and some of the abbreviations may seem funny but you will get the hang of them quickly. I have added a short article for those interested. Click here...
http://www.51dz.com/0/n---13193--.htm is the url where I have found some of the openings. Please applaud the hard work of the men who did them!
ECCO D0x-D2x Same Direction Cannons 顺炮
One of the oldest openings, the Same Direction Cannons was extensively studied in the ancient manuals. However, over the past 5 decades, it has undergone immense changes and evolutionized into an even more complex opening system. Again, it would be impossible to write all there is to know about this opening....Have fun!
Same direction cannon opening (SD cannons): 顺炮
In the beginning... What the ancient manuals tell us. Click here! (Must see!)
Evolution of the Same Direction Cannons in the early 20th century (Heavenly Horse Galloping Sky variation) . Click here ...
Modern Day analysis and counter measures to Horse Sacrifice for kill in 13 moves. Click here ...
D02 SD cannons: Slow Chariot vs filed chariot
1. Red double headed snake pawn formation. 红两头蛇 01
D03 SD Cannoons: Ranked Chariot vs Slow Chariot 順炮橫車對緩開車 01
D04 SD cannons: ranked chariot RR vs filed chariot FR : 顺炮横车 对 直车
Note: For some unknown reason, if red plays R1+1 as the second move, the ECCO becomes D03 when in fact it should be D04. I have used D04 to remain true to the opening.
1. Both sides use proper horses and Red plays R6+5. p01
2. Both sides use proper horses and red plays C8+2. p02
3. Both sides use proper horses and red uses the double ranked chariots variation. p03
4. Both sides use proper horses and black plays A6+5 early.Red still uses double rr. p04
5. Both sides use proper horses and black plays A6+5 and C2=1 early with red double rr. p05
D13 SD cannons: Filed chariot vs slow chariot : 顺炮直车 对 缓开车
Black's attempts the double headed snake pawn formation. click here ...
D14 SD cannons: Filed chariot vs slow chariot : 顺炮直车 对 缓开车
1. SDC FR vs slow, red H7+6/H7+8 vs black's pawn ranked chariot
红马7+6/马7+8 对 黑过河炮 01
D14 SD cannons: filed chariot FR vs slow chariot : 顺炮直车 对 缓开车
A series of files by Master Liang Wenbin on this subject p01 02
2 boards on this opening from an unknown file from the net. 01 02
D26 SD cannons: filed chariot FR vs Ranked chariot RR : 顺炮直车 对 横车
SDC FR vs RR, red 3PA CRBC variation. 顺炮 直车对横车. 红进三兵骑河车 01
D29 SD Cannons: Filed Chariot with 37pa vs Double ranked chariots.
顺炮直车两头蛇对双横车 01 02 03 04
First Created: 18th March 2012
Last Updated: 28th June 2012
1. Gerog Jeiter for helping me do a site map of my site on HIS website...LOL. I hope to be able to have my own but for now, his will suffice.
1. <<布局定式与战理>> <<象棋布局與騙著>> by Master Zhang Qiang 张强 and Master Yan Wenqing 阎文清Some of the videos that you see on this site by HK Jimmy are based on this book or other books in a series of books by the same authors. Perhaps one of the best series of books on openings in the past 2 decades
2. <<象棋布局精要>> by GM Liu Dianzhong 刘殿中 , Qi Jinan 齐津安
3. <<象棋现代布局丛书>> A huge series of opening books by various Masters and Grandmasters.
4. <<炮类布局大全>> ,<<相类布局大全>>, <<兵类布局大全>>, <<马类布局大全>> by 杨典 et al.
5. <<象棋布局精华>> by GM Wang Jialiang 王嘉良, Zhang Zhiqiang 张志强
6. <<仙人指路对卒底炮>> by Jin Qichang金启昌 , Yang Dian 杨典
7. Various internet sources.
8. <<象棋实战技法>> by 傅宝胜
9. <<象棋步局精要>> by 刘殿中 齐津安
This website and its content is copyright of xqinenglish.com 2011-2019. All rights reserved.