The study of Xiangqi openings is a huge topic whereby it is impossible for me alone to introduce all. If anyone is interested in helping, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . I will try to present each opening in as simple terms as possible and categorize them according to the ECCO system. Even though I personally do not agree with some of the ways it is arranged, it is still the best system on Xiangqi openings that I know to date, and the ONLY decent one that is present. http://www.xqbase.com/ecco/ecco_intro.htm is the url for those interested, though it is completely in Chinese.
The WXF recommendations will be used first and foremost. However if there are no current translations, I will use my own.
Abbreviations will be used because typing is hard work...and some of the abbreviations may seem funny but you will get the hang of them quickly. I have added a short article for those interested. Click here...
http://www.51dz.com/0/n---13193--.htm is the url where I have found some of the openings. Please applaud the hard work of the men who did them!
ECCO B3x-B5x Central Cannon vs Sandwiched Horse Opening 中炮对反宫马
This is one of the major openings. Prior to the 1960's, it was considered inadequate against the tyranny of the Central Cannon. However, Xiangqi Legend GM Hu Ronghua , singlehandedly revolutionized the opening and made it a viable counter. Since then, the Sandwiched Horse Opening has come a long way.
Central cannon vs Sandwiched horse defense (SaH)
中炮 对 反宫马
CC vs SaH in a nutshell. Another crazy opening file...
The Sandwiched Horse Manual by GM Hu RongHua.
B33 CC 7pa PR chariot vs SaH 7pa: 中炮进七兵过河车 对 反宫马
1. Black uses A4+5 variation and black R9+2 variation 01
B34 CC with ranked chariot vs SaH : 中炮横车 对 反宫马
1. Black H3+4/R8+4 variation and Black returns central cannon variation. 01
2. Red uses 7pa variation and double ranked chariots variation + summary 02
B43 56C Left Proper Horse vs SAH ECCO：B43 五六炮左正馬對反宮馬
1. Black uses the ranked chariot. p01
B44 56C Left proper horse 7pa vs SaH 五六炮左正馬對反宮馬
1. Black edges cannon to develop right filed chariot. p01
B45 56c with left side horse variation vs SaH with 7pa : 五六炮左邊馬對反宮馬
1. Red uses the 56c after the side horse. Black plays C2+1 ... p01
2. Red uses the 56c after the side horse. Black plays R1=2 .. p02
B50 57c with left side horse variation vs sah with 7pa: 五七炮左邊馬對反宮馬
1. Red uese the 57c after the side horse and black counters with the right central elephant with left ranked chariot variation. p01
CC 3rd pawn vs SaH : 中炮进三兵 对 反宫马
56 cannons vs SaH : 五六炮 对 反宫马
57 cannons vs SaH：五七炮 对 反宫马
CC with slow chariot vs SaH : 中炮缓开车 对 反宫马
First Created: 5th March 2012
Last Updated: 16th Feb 2013
1. Gerog Jeiter for helping me do a site map of my site on HIS website...LOL. I hope to be able to have my own but for now, his will suffice.
1. <<布局定式与战理>> by Master Zhang Qiang 张强 and Master Yan Wenqing 阎文清Some of the videos that you see on this site by HK Jimmy are based on this book or other books in a series of books by the same authors. Perhaps one of the best series of books on openings in the past 2 decades
2. <<象棋布局精要>> by GM Liu Dianzhong 刘殿中 , Qi Jinan 齐津安
3. <<象棋现代布局丛书>> A huge series of opening books by various Masters and Grandmasters.
4. <<炮类布局大全>> ,<<相类布局大全>>, <<兵类布局大全>>, <<马类布局大全>> by 杨典 et al.
5. <<象棋布局精华>> by GM Wang Jialiang 王嘉良, Zhang Zhiqiang 张志强
6. <<仙人指路对卒底炮>> by Jin Qichang金启昌 , Yang Dian 杨典
7. Various internet sources.
8. <<象棋实战技法>> by 傅宝胜
9. <<反宮馬專輯>> by GM 胡榮華
This website and its content is copyright of xqinenglish.com 2011-2017. All rights reserved.