The study of Xiangqi openings is a huge topic whereby it is impossible for me alone to introduce all. If anyone is interested in helping, please email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . I will try to present each opening in as simple terms as possible and categorize them according to the ECCO system. Even though I personally do not agree with some of the ways it is arranged, it is still the best system on Xiangqi openings that I know to date, and the ONLY decent one that is present. http://www.xqbase.com/ecco/ecco_intro.htm is the url for those interested, though it is completely in Chinese.
In this section, ECCO 4x-6x is discussed.
ECCO 4x : Horse Opening
ECCO 5x : Palcorner Opening
ECCO 6x : Cross Palace Opening
The WXF recommendations will be used first and foremost. However if there are no current translations, I will use my own.
Abbreviations will be used because typing is hard work...and some of the abbreviations may seem funny but you will get the hang of them quickly. I have added a short article for those interested. Click here...
http://www.51dz.com/0/n---13193--.htm is the url where I have found some of the openings. Please applaud the hard work of the men who did them!
Horse Opening 起马局/上马局/进马局
Horse opening in a nutshell... yes, another crazy file I found on the net.
A45 Horse vs Pawn openings: 起马 对 挺卒
Page 01 :
a Red uses Screen Horse Variation vs Black's side horse variation
b Red uses Screen Horse Variation vs Black's ranked chariot variation.
Horse vs Elephant openings: 起马 对 飞象
A5x Palcorner cannon opening summary 仕角炮
A53 Palcorner cannon vs Rt central cannon: 仕角炮 对 右中炮
1. Red uses left cannon blockade variation. 01
Palcorner cannon vs Elephant opening: 仕角炮 对 飞象
Cross palace cannon 过宫炮
A6x Cross palace cannon summary 过宫炮
A61 Cross Palace Cannon vs Left Proper Horse. A61 過宮炮對進左馬 p01 02
A64 Cross Palace Cannon with Filed chariot vs Left Central Cannon with Ranked Chariot.
過宮炮直車對左中炮 p01 02 03 04 05
A65 Cross palace cannon vs Left central cannon : 过宫炮 对 左中炮
Page 01 : Red uses the early pawn ranked chariot.
Page 02 : Red uses the riverbank chariot
A6x CPC from the periodical Qiyi (great series!)
cpc vs e, cpc vs sch, cpc vs lt c blockade, cpc vs 3st,
cpc vs cc with dr, cpc vs cc cprr clh part 1 and part 2, cpc vs cc rbr and super QiYi summary.
First Created: 5th March 2012
Last Updated: 10th Feb 2015
1. Georg Jeiter for helping me do a site map of my site on HIS website...LOL. I hope to be able to have my own but for now, his will suffice.
1. <<布局定式与战理>> by Master Zhang Qiang 张强 and Master Yan Wenqing 阎文清Some of the videos that you see on this site by HK Jimmy are based on this book or other books in a series of books by the same authors. Perhaps one of the best series of books on openings in the past 2 decades
2. <<象棋布局精要>> by GM Liu Dianzhong 刘殿中 , Qi Jinan 齐津安3. <<象棋现代布局丛书>> A huge series of opening books by various Masters and Grandmasters.
4. <<炮类布局大全>> ,<<相类布局大全>>, <<兵类布局大全>>, <<马类布局大全>> by 杨典 et al.
5. <<象棋布局精华>> by GM Wang Jialiang 王嘉良, Zhang Zhiqiang 张志强
6. <<仙人指路对卒底炮>> by Jin Qichang金启昌 , Yang Dian 杨典
7. Various internet sources.
8. <<象棋实战技法>> by 傅宝胜
9. <<象棋步局精要>> by 刘殿中 齐津安
10. <<過宮炮七式>> from 棋藝
This website and its content is copyright of xqinenglish.com 2011-2017. All rights reserved.