The study of Xiangqi openings is a huge topic whereby it is impossible for me alone to introduce all. If anyone is interested in helping, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . I will try to present each opening in as simple terms as possible and categorize them according to the ECCO system. Even though I personally do not agree with some of the ways it is arranged, it is still the best system on Xiangqi openings that I know to date, and the ONLY decent one that is present. http://www.xqbase.com/ecco/ecco_intro.htm is the url for those interested, though it is completely in Chinese.
In this section, the Elephant Opening is discussed.
The WXF recommendations will be used first and foremost. However if there are no current translations, I will use my own.
Abbreviations will be used because typing is hard work...and some of the abbreviations may seem funny but you will get the hang of them quickly. I have added a short article for those interested. Click here...
http://www.51dz.com/0/n---13193--.htm is the url where I have found some of the openings. Please applaud the hard work of the men who did them!
ECCO (Encyclopedia of Chinese Chess Opening )
Click here (will open a new window)
The Elephant Opening is one of the most commonly played openings nowadays. It is an old opening which has been discussed in detail in the Ancient Manuals. However, it was considered to be inferior opening when compared tot he Central Cannon Opeining.
New life was given this opening when Xiangqi Legend GM Hu Ronghua popularized this openings about half a century ago. Since then, it has been greatly used in competition.
The following boards that I have done represent that the minimal effort that I have done in my free time.
Elephant opening: Craziest summary I have ever seen. No time to add remarks... I will try to accomplish this mammoth task in the remaining years of my life...
A15 Elephant Opening with 3rd Pawn Advancement vs Right Proper Horse 飞相进三兵对进右马
1. Black plays E7+5. p01
2. Black charges H3+4 early... p02
A16 Elephant Opening with 7th Pawn Advancement vs Right Proper Horse 飞相进七兵对进右马
1. Red plays the screen horses and black the left central cannon with riverbank chariot. p01
2. Red plays the right cannon blockade. p02
A22 Elephant Opening with Left Proper Horse vs Right Palcorner Cannon
1. Both sides push the 3rd file pawn. p01
2. Red edges the left cannon to develop the chariot. p01
A25 Elephant Opening with 3rd Pawn Advancement vs Right Palcorner Cannon
1. Red plays H8+9 and black answers with R1=2. p01
A26 Elephant Opening with 7th Pawn Advancement vs Right Palcorner Cannon
1. Black plays H2+1 . p01
A28 Elephant opening with screen horse variation vs Left central cannon: 飞相转屏风马对左中炮
1. Black plays P7+1 on 4th move. page 01
A33 Elephant opening vs Left Cross palace cannon:
1.Black advances the 7th pawn and plays H2+3 : page 01
First Created: 5th March 2012
Last updated: 5th March 2012
Acknowledgments: Georg Jeiter for his invaluable help on ECCO
1. <<布局定式与战理>> by Master Zhang Qiang 张强 and Master Yan Wenqing 阎文清Some of the videos that you see on this site by HK Jimmy are based on this book or other books in a series of books by the same authors. Perhaps one of the best series of books on openings in the past 2 decades
2. <<象棋布局精要>> by GM Liu Dianzhong 刘殿中 , Qi Jinan 齐津安
3. <<象棋现代布局丛书>> A huge series of opening books by various Masters and Grandmasters.
4. <<炮类布局大全>> ,<<相类布局大全>>, <<兵类布局大全>>, <<马类布局大全>> by 杨典 et al.
5. <<象棋布局精华>> by GM Wang Jialiang 王嘉良, Zhang Zhiqiang 张志强 6. <<仙人指路对卒底炮>> by Jin Qichang金启昌 , Yang Dian 杨典
7. Various internet sources.
8. <<象棋实战技法>> by 傅宝胜
9. <<象棋步局精要>> by 刘殿中 齐津安
This website and its content is copyright of xqinenglish.com 2011-2019. All rights reserved.