GM Hu Ronghua's Sandwiched Horse Defense Treatise Chapter 06
In Chapter 6, Black would use the Sandwiched Horse Defense with LEFT Ranked Chariot Variation. Black would choose to develop his chariot as a ranked chariot early in the game. There were five boards which discussed Red attacking with various formations.
- In the 1st board, Red would attack with the 3rd pawn advancement and left pawn ranked cannon variation.
- In the 2nd board Red would use the Double Headed Snake Pawns. It would be the most complicated in the chapter.
- In the 3rd board, Red would use the pawn ranked chariot.
- In the 4th board, Red would attack with the trailblazer horse.
- In the 5th and last board, Black would choose to develop his right chariot early in the game.
The relevant Youtube videos has been embedded below.
1. 胡, 荣华. 夹炮屏风 反宫马布局研究. Hong Kong and Singapore : 香港业余象棋协会 新加坡北斗象棋研究会, 1983.