Basic Concepts in Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) Opening Theory 02
Frequently encountered mistakes in the Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) Opening 01
There was more good stuff from the book. The Webmaster has a video of the lecture on the points by Grandmaster Liu Dianzhong.
The Grandmaster listed thirteen commonly encountered problems.
- 1) Always consider the efficiency of the moves 走子要注意效率
- 2) Never move the same piece too many times 不要一子走动太多
- 3) Never recklessly advance material 子勿轻进
- 4) Move the advisor/elephant with caution 慎补士象
- 5) Never overly protect or fall in love with the pawns 勿过分恋兵
- 6) Never give up tempi for material 勿贪子失先
- 7) Steer away from congested positions 子力部署勿拥塞
- 8) Command the important intersections/lines 要及时抢占要点（要道）
- 9) Be wary of the center 要注意中心问题
- 10) Pay attention to spatial orientation 要注意空间问题
- 11) Pay attention to the order of the moves 要注意走子次序
- 12) Be sensitive enough to know when to attack 要注意掌握发动进攻的时机
- 13) Be wary of attempts to gain tempi by sacrificing pawns 要注意弃兵争先
This page would cover the first four points.
1) Always consider the efficiency of the moves 走子要注意效率
2) Never move the same piece too many times 不要一子走动太多
3) Never recklessly advance material 子勿轻进
4) Move the advisor/elephant with caution 慎补士象
刘, 殿中. 象棋新编课程 象棋布局精要. 北京 : 北京体育大学出版社, 2000. 7-81051-486-5/G.416.